Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is very important for everyone and has a very positive impact on many aspects of life. As we age daily activity is even more important. If you are able to stay active you can greatly increase your quality of life. Here are a few benefits from staying active at an old age.
- Improves mood: Exercise can actually stimulate brain chemicals that can actually leave you feeling better than you did before.
- Combats disease: Regular physical activity can help you prevent — or manage — high blood pressure. Your cholesterol will benefit, too. Regular physical activity boosts high-density lipoprotein (HDL), or “good,” cholesterol while decreasing triglycerides. This one-two punch keeps your blood flowing smoothly by lowering the buildup of plaques in your arteries.
- Helps manage your weight: This one is pretty obvious. When you exercise you burn more calories and the easier it is to maintain a healthy weight.
- Boosts your energy level: Regular exercise delvers more oxygen to your blood vessels and tissues which helps your whole cardiovascular system. In turn you cardiovascular system doesn’t have to work as hard giving you more energy throughout the day.
- Promotes better sleep: Exercise can help you fall asleep faster and give you a much better sleep as your body embraces the downtime after an active day.
- Exercise is FUN: Exercise can be a really fun way to spend time with family of friends. A long walk or a competitive round of golf can be both beneficial to your overall health and fun at the same time!
Exercise is a very important part of life. If you are physically able to spend an hour a day exercising stop making excuses and get out there. You’ll see how much better you will feel and how much healthier you will become.